Taste of red velvet cupcakes: It has an acidic taste, that comes from the use of buttermilk and vinegar. It also has cocoa powder so, the acidity is balanced by the sweetness of the cake.
The time duration of making red velvet cupcakes: max 40 minutes
Quantity of red velvet cupcakes: 12-14 cup cake
Recipe for red velvet cupcakes.
Ingredients for red velvet cupcakes: | red velvet cupcakes.
- All-purpose flour (1& ¼ cup)
- Cocoa powder (1& ½ tablespoons)
- Salt (½ teaspoon)
- Baking Soda (½ teaspoon)
- Sugar (¾ cup)
- Buttermilk (½ cup) room temperature
- Butter (¼ cup) room temperature
- Vegetable oil (½ cup)
- White vinegar (½ teaspoon)
- Eggs (1)
- Vanilla extract (1 teaspoon)
- Red food coloring (1 teaspoon)
Frosting for the red velvet cupcakes
- Powdered sugar (2 cups)
- Vanilla extract (½ teaspoon)
- Cream cheese (115 gm) room temperature
- Butter (60 gm) room temperature
Red velvet cupcakes recipe:
- Take a bowl, put a sifter on a bowl.
- Start sifting cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and flour.
- Mix them and set them aside.
- In a mixer machine or take another bowl to beat egg, butter, and sugar.
- Beat until it turns fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract, buttermilk, vinegar, and oil then beat until they combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix after each addition to combined well.
- Now add the food coloring and mix.
- The batter is ready for the red velvet cupcakes.
- Take the cup cake liners, scoop the batter into the cup cake liners.
- Start baking cup cake.
- Bake in the preheated oven to 350F (175C).
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let the cup cake to cool.
Red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.
- Beat cream cheese and butter on high speed until creamy and smooth texture formed.
- Now add powdered sugar and again beat finally add vanilla extract and beat again for 4-5 minutes.
- Frost red velvet cupcakes are prepared.
Some questions come to our mind when making cup cake. Here are your solutions:
- What makes the cup cake light and fluffy?
- It is all about creating air bubbles.
- Always mix and beat on low speed to avoid air bubbles.
- When the air bubbles formed during mixing they expand in the oven while baking.
- Can I turn a cup cake recipe into a cake?
Cake and cup cake recipes are convertible. You need to adjust the baking time and the size of a pan for baking.
- Why is my cup cake wet in the middle?
You may have not baked it for long enough.
- Why is my cup cake burnt?
- Oven too hot.
- Leaves the cup cake in the oven for a long time.
- Using the wrong pan (some pans transmit more heat to the batter of the cup cake ).
- Red velvet cup cake without buttermilk?
Instead of buttermilk, you can use milk+1 tablespoon vinegar (mix properly and let stand 5-10 minutes)
- How do I get a cup cake to rise evenly?
- Fill cup cake 2/3 full so they have space to rise.
- Rotate the pan in between cooking this will help the cup cake to rise evenly.
5 Tips for the perfect cup cake:
- Use a high-quality cup cake liner.
- Appropriately fills the cup cake pans.
- Bring ingredients to room temperature.
- Don’t over mix the ingredients of the cup cake.
- Don’t under mix the ingredients of the cup cake.
- Strictly follow the recipe.