Suffering from tiny, small bumps on forehead? You must have tried many skin-care products to treat this type of bumpy skin on the forehead. The bumpy texture is clogged pores, usually coming from a build-up of dead skin cells caused by the overproduction of sebum (glands that produce oil). Today on this platform you’ll get to know how to get rid of small bumps on forehead naturally with the natural kitchen ingredients at home. These home remedies to treat small bumps on the forehead are safe and suitable for all skin types.
Scroll down for the causes, natural ways to treat, medical treatment, and prevention of small bumps on the forehead. To get rid of any skin problem, one should know the causes and prevention too.
These natural remedies are only for the mild condition of acne, if you have a severe form of pain or bleeding, consult your dermatologist.
Causes Of Small Bumps On Forehead
Acne can develop anywhere on the body but is particularly frequent on the face. When the surface of the skin becomes blocked/clogged, you may notice the appearance of acne. Skin gets blocked by too much production of sebum, dead skin cells, dirt, or bacteria
Certain factors can trigger the production of sebum:
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes around puberty can cause the appearance of acne due to the changing levels of hormones in the body.
- Stress: There is a link between stress and outbreaks of acne.
- Medication Certain medications can cause acne as a side effect.
- Hygiene: Not washing the hair and face regularly can lead to blocked/clogged pores as an oil deposit.
- Hair products: Some hair products, such as gels, oils, or waxes, are linked to acne breakouts on the forehead.
- Skin irritation: Using comedogenic (products that clog pores) skin-care products or makeup on the forehead also lead to acne on the forehead.
- Frequently touching: Frequent touching the forehead can also trigger acne. Avoid touching your skin.
Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Small Bumps On Forehead
If you have a mild case of acne on the forehead, the following natural remedies may help treat it.
Aloe vera gel to remove small bumps
Cut a piece of aloe vera leaf from the plant. Wash and extract its gel. Blend to make a smooth gel-like. Massage your affected parts. Leave it for 30 minutes or overnight. Wash it off with lukewarm water. You can add lemon juice few drops of tea tree oil a few drops of aloe vera gel for better results. Do this daily or twice a day. You can store fresh aloe vera gel mix with lemon juice/tea tree oil in the fridge for 10 days.
Cinnamon for small bumps on forehead
Mix cinnamon powder with honey to make a smooth paste. Apply on the affected parts. Leave it for 30 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water. Do this daily.
Apple cider vinegar for small bumps:
Mix apple cider with equal parts of rose water or tomato juice. Apply on the affected parts. Leave it for 30 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water. Do this daily.
Surprising benefits of apple cider vinegar
Green tea extract for small bumps on forehead:
- Take one cup of hot boiling water and add 2 green tea bags. Remove the bags and store the green tea extract. Apply on the affected areas. No need to wash or you can wash after 30 minutes. You can leave the green tea extract on the face overnight.You can mix green tree extract with apple cider vinegar for better results. Do this daily.
Lemon juice for small bumps on forehead
Extract the juice of a lemon and mix with tomato juice/cucumber juice and apply to the affected areas. Leave it for 30 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water. Do this daily or twice a day.
Make a paste of fuller’s earth with rose water or plain water. You can add a small amount of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice. Apply on the affected parts. Leave it for 20-25 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water. Do this daily.
20 Multani mitti / fullers’ earth face pack
Wild turmeric is an excellent ingredient for skin to treat many skin problems. Make a paste of turmeric, gram flour, and honey. Apply on the affected parts for 30 minutes. Wash it off lukewarm water. Do this daily.
Medical Treatment Of Forehead Bumps
Over-the-counter (OTC) medications may help treat mild conditions of forehead acne. These include:
- Medicated creams or gels. Skin care products with medication, like salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, and retinol are common OTC medications that might treat mild acne.
- Antifungal creams
- Anti-itch creams
- Antihistamine pills. Take an antihistamine if you have a mild allergic skin reaction.
Make sure to consult your dermatologist before using these medicines.
Prevention Of Small Bumps On Forehead
- Don’t pick, squeeze, or pop acne as this causes scarring and spread of infection to other areas of the skin.
- Avoid touching your skin frequently.
- Maintain proper scalp and hair hygiene.
- Include steaming into your skin care regimen. Steaming helps in loosening the dead cells on the surface of the skin so that they become easier to remove.
- Use non-comedogenic makeup products. Avoid wearing heavy makeup.
- Always remove the makeup before sleep.
- Exfoliate your face twice or thrice a week to remove dirt, excessive oil, and clogged/blocked pores from the skin.
- Protect the skin from the sun.
- Always wear sunscreen. Sunblock should be oil free and nongreasy.
When To Consult A Doctor
Consult a dermatologist in the following conditions:
- Severe itching
- Grow in size
- Changes color
Do you know ACNE has 6 main types? Read below to know the types of acne and its prevention.